FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TASCAM ANNOUNCES DR-V1HD
Linear PCM/HD Video Recorder
MONTEBELLO, CA (May 1st, 2012) – TASCAM is the Pro Audio Division of TEAC America.
The DR-V1HD is a combined HD Video Recorder and Linear PCM High-Quality Audio Recorder. TASCAM has revolutionized home and field recording for decades and with the release of the DR-V1HD has released another superior product. TASCAM has always been focused on creating easy to use, versatile products and with that thought process in mind, TASCAM provided a 180-degree rotating camera and microphone-set at the top of the unit along with specific feature sets and menu operations such as the “White Balance” features and still photography mode.
Another strong focus for TASCAM is their concentration on durability and product longevity. The DR-V1HD is encased in a sturdy and solid structure with an ergo-dynamic design. TASCAM has continued their same sleek look as previously released handheld recorders and made sure to utilize rotary volume control for fine-tuned and quiet input level adjustments. The layout and controls were designed to decrease any unnecessary handling noise and produce stable filming operation.
Every fine detail was considered when TASCAM constructed the DR-V1HD. The mic placement structure was designed to rid any possible electrical noise and records up to 96k/24-bit audio. TASCAM included their iconic “Variable-Speed-Audition,” and offered the ability to link any audio file on the device to still photographs. The DR-V1HD supplies HDMI out and a standard ¼-20” mount for use with a tri-pod. TASCAM has added a distinct and important new addition to their increasingly popular family of handheld/field recorders with the DR-V1HD.
- Supports 1280 x 720p HD mode
- Linear PCM recording up to 24bit/96kHz
- External mic/line input
- 1x – 4x Digital zoom
- On-board mini HDMI connector to display the HD video on TV
- 2.4 inch TFT color LCD
- Records on microSD/microSDHC card (2GB card included)
- MOVIE/AUDIO/PHOTO modes
- Still photography
- Selectable white balance setting (Color temperature correction)
AUTO/BULB LIGHT/FL LIGHT/STAGE LIGHT/SUNLIGHT/CLOUDY
- Auto gain control and limiter
- Low cut filter (40/80/120Hz)
- Auto rec function
- Pre rec function
- After REC function (Record only on audio track and save as a new mov file)
- Selectable playback area: All/Folder/Playlist
- Slide show (Photo mode, interval time: 1-10 sec. in 1 sec. steps)
- Auto power off (3/5/10/30 min. or off)
- Built-in monaural output speaker
TASCAM is the pro-audio and home recording division of TEAC Corporation. TASCAM will continue to be instrumental in revolutionizing professional and home recording by offering the highest quality products at the best value to their customers.