TASCAM HI-RES EDITOR OVERVIEW
Free editing software supports up to 11.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM
TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is a new, free application that plays and edits up to 11MHz DSD or 384kHz WAV files. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without converting to PCM audio. This app is available now as a free download for Windows and Mac.
DSD Audio can be played through USB devices that support it, such as the TEAC UD-501, UD-503 and HA-P90SD. In cases where a PCM interface is used, or even the computer’s built-in audio, the software automatically plays DSD back through the interface at any sample rate. A section of the DSD recording can be exported as a new file, either in DSD or WAV format, to separate one long performance into individual tracks. Two DSD files can also be combined into a new file, for example when a file over 2GB is divided. In addition to the above, Hi-Res Editor can change the gain of WAV format audio.
Ideal for users of TASCAM’s hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, this free Hi-Res Editor software is one of the only ways to edit native DSD master recordings.
The TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is now available for download free of charge.
|OS :||Windows 10 , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7|
|Driver :||Windows standard driver (WASAPI)、ASIO2.1|
|OS :||OS X El Capitan (10.11) , OS X Yosemite (10.10) , OS X Mavericks (10.9)|
|Driver :||Mac standard driver (Core Audio)|
|*Mac version : 11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency.|
For customers using Windows 64-bit (2015/06/18)
Customers using 64-bit versions of Windows, please install version 1.01 or later of the software.
We have received reports that customers who have installed the TASCAM Hi-Res Editor on 64-bit versions of Windows are experiencing problems opening other programs. Customers who have experienced problems after downloading the TASCAM Hi-Res Editor, please click here.
|Main Features||To Top|
- Editing high-resolution DSD/PCM files
- This editor app supports the highest-resolution DSD (DSF/DSDIFF) and PCM (WAV) available. DSD formats of 2.8–11.2 MHz and PCM formats of 44.1–384 kHz and 16/24/32-bit are supported. Native editing of DSD files is supported without conversion to PCM (although conversion is also available.)
- Conversion of audio file formats and sampling frequencies
- PCM files can be converted to DSD formats and DSD files can be converted to PCM formats. Sampling frequencies can also be converted as desired.
*Quantization bit depth can also be converted for PCM files.
*Press the EXPORT button on the SCREEN to access the file conversion function screen.
- Combine function allows two files to be joined
- Two audio files can be combined into one file if they have the same file format and sampling frequency/quantization bit rate.
*Press the COMBINE button on the Home Screen to open the file combination function screen.
- Waveform display to visually set in/out points
- The audio file's waveform is displayed to visually set in and out points. Zoom in horizontally (time) and vertically (level) for exact selection points. Drag the markers at the top of the screen to set trim in/out (start/end) points for the file to be saved. Short fades can be added to in/out points when saving a section of the recording.
- Edit on you computer with any audio interface
- TASCAM Hi-Res Editor supports high-resolution playback devices like the TEAC UD-501, UD-503 and HA-P90SD. Enjoy hi-res audio playback through your speakers or headphones, even DSD audio.
- However, if you're using an interface that doesn't support the file resolution – or even your computer's built-in audio – the software automatically plays the sound file at your system's sampling frequency and bit rate.
|Editing Recordings from the DA-3000||To Top|
- Splitting a DSD audio file
- When recording a live event, it's often easier to let the recorder roll and worry about track divisions later. Load your high-res DA-3000 recording into the editor, then split the audio into tracks for CD or online distribution.
- Combining multiple files into one long recording
- In 5.6MHz DSD recording mode, a file can reach 1 GB in 11 minutes. On Compact Flash and SD Cards, the maximum file size is 2GB. This means that long recordings at high sample rates may be split into multiple files at high-res formats. Using High-Res Editor software, files split this way can be combined into a single file.
- Converting a DSD audio file to PCM
- DSD Audio sounds great, but not everyone has the hardware to play it back. High-Res Editor allows you to record at any format you like, then downsample to PCM formats or CD-quality. The file can be output for CD or online formats while retaining a high-res master for your archives.
|Editing Recordings from other TASCAM and TEAC devices||To Top|
- Upconversion of PCM files to DSD for playback
- Upconvert PCM recordings from portable recorders like the TASCAM DR-series to DSD files for use with the TEAC UD-501, UD-503 USB DAC and the HA-P90SD portable headphone amp/player.
- Audio from vinyl records can be split into files by track.
- Split audio files recorded from the TEAC TN-350 turntable into seperate tracks. Later, upconvert those files to DSD for playback in TEAC's hi-res players.
- DSD audio files can be converted for playback on iPods
- When you purchase high-res music like DSD, sometimes you want to take it with you on the road. TASCAM Hi-Res Editor can convert your DSD library to PCM format, allowing it to be loaded into iTunes. Save your music as ALAC Lossless Format for great-sounding audio on your iPhone or iPod.
Features at a glance
- Edits high-resolution DSD and PCM files
- DSD: supports up to 2.8–11.2 MHz
- PCM: supports up to 44.1–384 kHz at 16/24/32-bit
- Mono and stereo audio files supported
- Edit native DSD files without conversion to PCM
- Runs on Windows (using the Windows standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)
- Runs on Mac (using the Mac standard audio driver or Core Audio)
*11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency.
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or PCM to DSD
- Convert PCM sampling frequencies and bit depths
- Combine function allows two files to be joined
- Edit high-res audio with the computer's built-in audio
- Free download from the TASCAM website