Easy-to-use, single-rackspace SD card recorder with XLR mic inputs.
TASCAM’s SD-20M is a simple-to-use solid-state recorder for demanding installations. The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode. The dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M includes a battery backup system – AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
Designed for installations like schools, house of worship, and conferences, the TASCAM SD-20M is a flexible, affordable solution for long-form recording.
- XLR/TSR combo microphone inputs on the front panel
- Four-track recorder capable of simultaneously recording from both the mic inputs and line inputs
- Dual recording function captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, for a distortion-proof safety track
- Can record a copy of the audio at a lower level according to the set audio recording level. This allows for a backup recording in case of distortion from unexpected loud noises.
- In addition to the AC adapter, it can also operate using four AA batteries, which allows for recording to continue even if AC power is lost
- Compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC media.
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128 GB cards for long recordings
- High-resolution recording up to 96kHz/24-bit in WAV/BWF format.
- MP3 format for making long recordings.
- Equipped with a Tempo change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for language study.
- XLR/TRS combo locking balanced inputs - mic level with switchable +48V phantom power, and +4 dBu line level (TRS) for balanced input from mixers, etc.
- RCA inputs compatible with -10dBV line level unbalanced input from mixers, etc.
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Low-cut filter with three levels (40, 80, and 120 Hz)
- Compatible with Japanese language display
- Mounts in a single rackspace