The TASCAM SS-CDR250N is one of the most advanced solid-state recorders on the market, using technology like Dante and networking to integrate into any commercial environment. Designed for the Broadcast and Contractor markets, the SS-CDR250N records in WAV & MP3 to SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, USB memory, and CD. Parallel and RS-232C serial control - along with flash start, balanced & unbalanced I/O, and coaxial digital I/O – make the SS-CDR250N an ideal one rack-space media solution.
Sown with optional IF-DA2 Dante Card Installed
- Balanced and unbalanced analog I/O (XLR and RCA jacks)
- Record or dub to CD-R media @ 44.1k/16-bit
- AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital I/O
- Optional IF-DA2 Dante card allows the unit to operate on a Dante audio network
- Sample rate converter on digital inputs
- RS-232C Serial and 25-pin parallel control ports
- Records to SD Card or USB media
- Automatic file close saves file every 2 seconds to prevent data loss if power is interrupted while recording
- Pre-record records the input buffer so that the start of a recording isn’t missed
- Auto cue and auto ready for instant track playback
- Power-on play begins playback as soon as the unit is switched on
- Graphic LCD display with time, level, and menu information
- Security screw to keep the SD slots covered
- VSA (Variable Speed Audition) changes playback speed without changing the pitch and vice-versa.
- Compact 1u rackmountable format
- Ethernet connection can be used for control and file transfer
- Microphone inputs with phantom power
- Supports SDXC media for cards larger than 32GB (up to 128GB)
- Redundant recording feature records program to both cards simultaneously
- Relay record begins recording on the second card when the first one fills up
- Free app for iOS and Android allows the recorder to be operated from a smartphone
- FTP client and server functions allow recordings to be automatically uploaded to a server, or for program to be pushed to a player from a remote location.
- Password protection and file encryption prevent stolen data assets
- Scheduled recording triggers recording or playback at a certain time each week, etc. Can be used together with automatic uploads for instant availability.
- SNTP function allows the internal clock to be set using internet time servers
- Link playback function allows two units to be operated simultaneously for redundant backup
- Compressor and limiter on input
- Auto level control monitors and adjusts the input signal
- Power On Record function starts recording as soon as power is switched on
- Mono mix playback function
- Three user presets allow quick setting of input level, sample rate, etc.
- Auto-mark function shows where a file has clipped
- Dual format recording simultaneously captures files as WAV and MP3 format