TASCAM Hi-Res Editor
WINDOWS & MAC DSD / WAV EDITING SOFTWARE
The TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is a piece of software that can perform high-resolution DSD/PSM editing of up to two channels.
The compatible DSD format is 11.2MHz, and the compatible PCM is 384kHz/32bit.
The Hi-Res Editor can perform basic editing functions such as file conversion between DSD and PSM, sampling frequency conversion, and file splitting and integration, as well as conversion/writing between set in/out points and direct control of setting points while viewing the waveform on-screen display.
OS : Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
Driver : Windows standard driver (WASAPI), ASIO2.1
OS : OS X El Capitan(10.11), OS X Yosemite(10.10), OS X Mavericks(10.9)
Driver : Mac standard driver (Core Audio)
* Mac version : 11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency.
This editor app supports the highest-resolution DSD (DSF/DSDIFF) and PCM (WAV) available. DSD formats of 2.8–11.2 MHz and PCM formats of 44.1–384 kHz and 16/24/32-bit are supported. Native editing of DSD files is supported without conversion to PCM (although conversion is also available.)
PCM files can be converted to DSD formats and DSD files can be converted to PCM formats. Sampling frequencies can also be converted as desired.
*Quantization bit depth can also be converted for PCM files.
*Press the EXPORT button on the SCREEN to access the file conversion function screen.
Two audio files can be combined into one file if they have the same file format and sampling frequency/quantization bit rate.
*Press the COMBINE button on the Home Screen to open the file combination function screen.
The audio file's waveform is displayed to visually set in and out points. Zoom in horizontally (time) and vertically (level) for exact selection points. Drag the markers at the top of the screen to set trim in/out (start/end) points for the file to be saved. Short fades can be added to in/out points when saving a section of the recording.
TASCAM Hi-Res Editor supports high-resolution playback devices like the TEAC UD-505, UD-503 and HA-P90SD. Enjoy hi-res audio playback through your speakers or headphones, even DSD audio. However, if you're using an interface that doesn't support the file resolution – or even your computer's built-in audio – the software automatically plays the sound file at your system's sampling frequency and bit rate.
Editing Recordings from the DA-3000
When recording a live event, it's often easier to let the recorder roll and worry about track divisions later. Load your high-res DA-3000 recording into the editor, then split the audio into tracks for CD or online distribution.
In 5.6MHz DSD recording mode, a file can reach 1 GB in 11 minutes. On Compact Flash and SD Cards, the maximum file size is 2GB. This means that long recordings at high sample rates may be split into multiple files at high-res formats. Using High-Res Editor software, files split this way can be combined into a single file.
DSD Audio sounds great, but not everyone has the hardware to play it back. High-Res Editor allows you to record at any format you like, then downsample to PCM formats or CD-quality. The file can be output for CD or online formats while retaining a high-res master for your archives.
Editing Recordings from other TASCAM and TEAC devices
Upconvert PCM recordings from portable recorders like the TASCAM DR-series to DSD files for use with the TEAC UD-501, UD-503 USB DAC and the HA-P90SD portable headphone amp/player.
Split audio files recorded from the TEAC TN-350 turntable into seperate tracks. Later, upconvert those files to DSD for playback in TEAC's hi-res players.
When you purchase high-res music like DSD, sometimes you want to take it with you on the road. TASCAM Hi-Res Editor can convert your DSD library to PCM format, allowing it to be loaded into iTunes. Save your music as ALAC Lossless Format for great-sounding audio on your iPhone or iPod.
Features at a Glance
- Edits high-resolution DSD and PCM files
- DSD: supports up to 2.8–11.2 MHz
- PCM: supports up to 44.1–384 kHz at 16/24/32-bit
- Mono and stereo audio files supported
- Edit native DSD files without conversion to PCM
- Runs on Windows (using the Windows standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)
- Runs on Mac (using the Mac standard audio driver or Core Audio)
*11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency.
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or PCM to DSD
- Convert PCM sampling frequencies and bit depths
- Combine function allows two files to be joined
- Edit high-res audio with the computer's built-in audio
- Free download from the TASCAM website
*Mac version : 11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency.
|Quantization bit rate|
|PCM||16/24/32 bit (float)|
Computer system requirements
|Audio driver||Windows standard driver(WASAPI), ASIO2.1|
|Audio driver||Mac standard driver(Core Audio)|
Supported OS' (PC)
WindowsWindows 10 2022 Update (Version 22H2) , Windows 11 2022 Update (Version 22H2) , Windows 11 (Version 21H2) , Windows 10 (November 2021 Update) , Windows 10 (May 2021 Update) , Windows 10 (October 2020 Update) , Windows 10 (May 2020 Update) , Windows 10 (Creators Update) , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7
MacmacOS Big Sur , OS X El Capitan (10.11) , OS X Yosemite (10.10) , OS X Mavericks (10.9)
- We improved the compatibility of the DSDIFF files created by this unit so that they can be played back using even more playback applications made by other companies.
- When playing DSF files, noise would occur at the end of the files if the "Play Frequency" was set to 384 kHz or less. This has been fixed.
- Operation stability has been improved.
- The DSF/DSDIFF file which size is 2GB or more, didn't recognize correctly. This has been fixed.
Notices About Products
We have received reports that customers who have installed the TASCAM Hi-Res Editor on 64-bit versions of Windows are experiencing problems opening other programs. This issue has been fixed in versions 1.01 and later of the software. For customers using 64-bit versions of Windows, please wait for the release of the latest firmware version.
For those customers who have experienced problems after installing the TASCAM Hi-Res Editor, we advise that a DLL file recovery be performed to restore the program to normal.
|TASCAM Hi-Res Editor
||Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
Windows 8.1 64-bit
How to perform a recovery the DLL file
- Open the Microsoft website page below: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- click ‘Download’
- on the program selection page, select and download ’vcredist_x64.exe’
- After downloading, open the program