4-Channel AES/EBU Input/Output Dante Converter with built-in DSP Mixer
for orders $199 and up.
The AE-4D is a compact converter that mutually converts AES/EBU signals and 4-channel Dante signals. With half the size of a standard 1U rack, the AE-4D is suitable for different Dante systems as an exquisite AES/EBU input/output unit. The built-in DSP mixer enables small scale systems to fully perform with a variety of input/output models the TASCAM Dante Compact Processor Series offers. AE-4D supports up to 96kHz/24bit and uses XLR connectors for AES/EBU output.
The AE-4D is a simple converter that converts 4-channel AES/EBU input signals into 4-channel Dante output signals, or 4-channel Dante input signals into 4-channel AES/EBU input signals.
The Dante Compact Processor Series has a line-up of models with different input/output specifications:
- MM-4D/IN, 4-channel mic/line input
- ML-4D/OUT, 4-channel line output
- MM-2D, 2-channel mic/line input/output
- AE-4D, AES/EBU 4-channel input/output
For analog input/output models, the branch extends with units equipped with Euroblock or XLR connectors that users can choose depending on their usage. By combining multiple different units all at once, it is possible to match and introduce them into various systems.
The Dante Compact Processor Series provide easy additional mic/line or AES/EBU input/output to several situations and places such as public facilities, broadcasting stations, recording studios, etc. where Dante systems are being used. They are the optimal input/output unit for small scale environments.
Level control is available when converting AES/EBU signals and Dante signals, and managing the input/output of an AES/EBU unit makes it easier to work with Dante systems. In addition, with a matrix mixer function and effects installed in the Dante Compact Processor Series, it is possible to build up a complete small system with units from this series only.
Routing to each Dante device is easy via Dante controller. Input/output units can be added flexibly to new or already established Dante systems.
The Dante Compact Processor Series are compatible with Dante Domain Manager, which features security functions and enables the use of wide-area networks. This helps the Dante Compact Processor Series access easily to Dante systems using already established network infrastructures. With the AES67 mode, connection to AES67 network systems is also possible.
These are some of the benefits provided when adopting Dante Network Audio:
- Reduction of system costs
It is possible to have a maximum transmission of 128ch I/O with one single CAT5e cable. This leads to fewer cables needed, not to mention the reduction of costs on wiring and space for cable pits.
- Improved connection flexibility
All equipment can be freely connected and routed by applying star connections.
For further information about Dante, please visit Audinate’s website:
Often used in PA/SR and pro audio environments, digital equipment compatible with AES/EBU format can be used on Dante systems. The AE-4D also includes a sampling rate converter, which enables different AES/EBU sources to be used on a Dante system.
Power supply can be provided to the unit via PoE (Power over Ethernet).
No need for AC adaptors; power supply construction fees and installation costs can be reduced by using a PoE compatible network switch.
Controlling effects or the matrix mixer can be easily done through the dedicated control software; depending on the amount of controls the user needs, there are two types:
- TASCAM DCP CONNECT, designed for system integrators/managers that handle the configuration and settings of an entire system.
- TASCAM EZ CONNECT, designed for end-users and allowing them to use simple controls.
Compatible with Windows / macOS / Android / iOS devices.
Units can be easilly installed directly under desks or on walls with the included surface mount adaptors.
With the optional rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1, up to two Dante Compact Processor models can be installed in a 19 inch rack space.
Features at a Glance
- 4 AES/EBU input/output
- 4 AES/EBU inputs with sampling rate converter
- 4 Dante input/output
- Supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Supports Dante daisy chain; this allows two Dante Compact Processor models to be connected without a network switch
- Compatible with Dante Domain Manager and Dante AES67 Mode
- Flexible scene preset function allows to work in different area situations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android devices:
For integrators: input/output routing selection, DSP/design/scene settings of the complete system, etc.
For end-users: simple app design for only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- Remote control via Dante
- Half-rack mountable size
- Equipped with indicators that show LAN/Dante connection status and sample rate
- Equipped with signal indicators that monitor digital input/output signals
- Configurable reference level (via remote control only)
- Surface rack mountable angles for installation under desks included
- Optional accessories:
AC adapter PS-P1220E for redundant power supply available
Rack-mountable shelf AK-RS1 to install and store two Dante Compact Processor models in a 19 inch rack case
You might also like
|Formats and channels||44.1/48kHz,16/24-bit, 4 channels
88.2/96kHz,16/24-bit, 2 channels (double speed)
|Gigabit Ethernet standard||1000BASE-T (IEEE 802.3ab)|
|Cables||category 5e or faster STP cables|
|DIGITAL INPUT (AES/EBU) connectors|
|Input impedance||110 Ω|
|Supported sampling frequencies||32 kHz - 192 kHz (Sampling rate converter is always on)|
|DIGITAL OUTPUT (AES/EBU) connectors|
|Output impedance||110 Ω|
|Supported sampling frequencies||44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz|
|Power||PoE class 0
TASCAM PS-P1220E AC adapter (sold separately)
|Dimensions||214 x 44.45 x 136.1 mm (W x H x D, including protrusions)|
|Operating temperature range||0°C-40°C|
|Included items||Installation brackets, Owner's manual (including warranty)|
MM-4D/IN, ML-4D/OUT, MM-2D, AE-4D comparison chart
|Products||Analog (Mic/Line)||Digital (AES/EBU)||Digital (Dante)|
|Products||Analog (Line)||Digital (AES/EBU)||Digital (Dante)|
|Products||Analog||Digital (AES/EBU)||Digital (Dante)||GPI|
|Latest version info|
|Dante Module Firmware||V18.104.22.168|
- Operation stability has been improved.
- In V22.214.171.124, remote connection could still become interrupted on networks where multicast was used. This problem was confirmed and fixed.
|High resolution images||07-18-2019||28.9 MB|
|AE-4D Leaflet||04-25-2019||977.0 KB|