Linear PCM Recorder
Videographers love the TASCAM DR-10L Pro portable recorder with clip-on microphone as a simple and stealthy solution for capturing audio for video. Combining the clip-on convenience of a lavalier mic with an ultra-compact portable recorder this form factor solves many problems content creators often have. It’s a superior solution for busy events like weddings and on-location film shoots where traditional wireless lav systems can pose concerns for your workflow, and the rock-solid capability of a TASCAM wired lavalier recorder is proven and assured. The DR-10L Pro can also be an easy backup system for your typical audio recording setup thanks to simple plug-and-go operation. With the DR-10L Pros 32-bit float recording technology, you can capture a whisper, a scream, and everything in-between with impeccable fidelity, ultra-low noise, and no need to fine-tune gain levels. Support for wireless time code with Atomos products, the ability to control up to 5 units wirelessly via the app, and long battery life and generous storage capacity optimize the DR-10L Pro for professional applications.
*optional AK-BT1 needed for app control and wireless timecode
for orders $199 and up.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Recording media : microSD cards (64MB - 2GB), microSDHC cards (4GB - 32GB), microSDXC cards (64GB - 512GB)
- Power : 2 AAA batteries (Alkaline / Ni-MH / Lithium), USB bus power
- Dimensions : 53 (W) × 50.7 (H) ×21.4 (D) mm
- Weight : 65g（including battery） / 43g（not including batteries）
- Operating temperature : 0 - 40℃
- DR-10L Pro
- Belt clip
- USB cable (Type A – Type C)
- TM-10L : Lavalier microphone, Microphone clip, Windscreen
- Start-up guide (including warranty)
- TASCAM ID registration guide
- iZotope RX Elements download card
The Stealthiest Recorder and Mic That You'll Never See
The DR-10L Pro is ultra-compact and lightweight, the perfect solution when stealth is a priority. Fitting in the palm of your hand and weighing in at just 65 grams, this recorder is easy to hide at film shoots, weddings, stage performances, and other projects where invisibility is crucial. The included belt clip attaches easily and securely to clothing, allowing you to capture great audio without compromising your talent.
32-bit Float Recording for Fast Setup and Worry-free Recording
The DR-10L Pro’s default 32-bit float recording mode employs dual ADCs to capture sounds across a huge dynamic range without distorting or introducing excessive noise — that means videographers can avoid having to scrap audio due to poor levels. With 32-bit float recording, there’s no need to adjust input gain levels, allowing you to set up faster and with total confidence that you’ll capture great audio in any setting.
The included TM-10L microphone captures clear, detailed audio while handling loud sound pressure levels without distorting, making it the perfect lav mic for the DR-10L Pro’s 32-bit float recording mode.
AAA Batteries Power Long Shooting Sessions
Whether you're capturing audio from people at a wedding reception, a busy trade convention, or a lengthy ceremony, the DR-10L Pro is ready to keep recording as long as you are. Just two AAA batteries can power the DR-10L Pro personal recorder for up to 24.5 hours*, minimizing concerns over battery changes during the shoot.
In addition, files are saved approximately every 20 seconds during recording, so data loss due to unexpected power supply interruptions are kept to a minimum.
Remotely Control up to 5 Units with the DR-10L Pro CONNECT App
With the optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth dongle, DR-10L Pro recorders can be controlled from iOS, iPadOS and Android devices wirelessly with the free DR-10L Pro CONNECT app. In addition to controlling up to five DR-10L Pro units remotely, the DR-10L Pro CONNECT app allows videographers to check device status and view the recorded waveforms real time. You can also use the app to name devices for easy identification, for example “Bride”, “Groom”, and so on.
Other features of DR-10L Pro CONNECT app:
- Visual confirmation of input sound with waveform display
- Easy management of multiple units with unique names and identification color settings
- Metadata (project name, scene name, take number) can be recorded in the recording file (BEXT, iXML)
- The preset data of the unit can be saved in the app. Your favorite settings can be recalled with a few taps
- Synchronize the unit's clock with the time on your smartphone or tablet
Supports Wireless Time Code with Atomos Products
With the optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth dongle, the DR-10L Pro is ready to wirelessly sync time code with supported Atomos products. Time code allows videographers to perfectly align audio recordings with video, even when there is no audio on the camera. Time code is crucial when videographers are dealing with multi-camera video shoots, and saves valuable time in post production.
High-visibility OLED Display Allows You to Check Device Status Fast
Whether you're in a dark environment or outdoors in the sun, the DR-10L Pro's high-visibility OLED display allows you to confirm settings at a glance. You can check your battery level, recording status, and input levels right from the display, with all advanced functions only a couple button presses away.
Easy to Monitor Input and Recordings
The DR-10L Pro personal recorder is equipped with a headphone output for monitoring convenience. You'll be able to monitor the input before or during recording, and also check the quality of your recordings immediately without having to first transfer them to a computer.
iZotope RX Elements Audio Repair Bundle Included
The DR-10L Pro is bundled with a free version of RX Elements, iZotope's groundbreaking audio repair and noise reduction tool. RX Elements brings videographers powerful audio restoration capabilities you have to hear to believe, from seamlessly removing coughs and background noises to reducing wind roar and ambient noise. Live video shoots for weddings, on-location interviews, and documentaries can present countless post-production challenges, and RX Elements gives videographers the tools they need to deal with them.
*RX Elements is a product of iZotope, Inc. Please visit [ https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx.html ] for further information.
Features at a Glance
- Ultra-lightweight, compact and wearable design is perfect when stealth is a priority.
- TM-10L lavalier microphone with clothing clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160cm).
- 32-bit float recording and dual AD converter technology means you’ll never need to scrap a recording due to poor audio levels, and no need to fine-tune input levels.
- Supports recording in MP3 format
- Huge storage capacity, with support for microSDXC cards up to 512GB.
- Records at least 24.5 hours on two AAA batteries*¹ for all-day video shoots.
- Optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately) adds wireless control and synchronization.
- Free DR-10L Pro CONNECT app for iOS, iPadOS and Android allows you to control up to 5 units simultaneously *².
- Wireless time code synchronization supported with compatible Atomos products such as BLUE or CONNECT series.
*¹ Lithium battery.
*² The number of devices that can be connected may vary depending on the usage environment and radio wave conditions.
- Screw lock mechanism securely connects the microphone connector to the recorder.
- Sliding recording switch mechanism makes it fast and easy to start recording, and prevents accidental operation during recording.
- Lock function disables all operations other than “recording stop” during recording.
- Automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of recorded data if the batteries run out.
- Automatic leveling and limiting prevent distortion caused by overloads.
- Low-cut filter reduces ambient hum and rumble (40Hz/80Hz/120Hz/220Hz).
- Easy-to-read organic EL display.
- Headphone output enables input monitoring and allows you to check recorded files.
- USB Type-C port enables connecting extra power supply and easy data exchange with computers.
- Belt clip included.
- Includes iZotope RX Elements audio production editing software.
You might also like
|Recording media||microSD cards (64MB - 2GB), microSDHC cards (4GB - 32GB), microSDXC cards (64GB - 512GB)|
|Recording / playback formats|
|WAV (BWF)||44.1k/48kHz, 16/24-bit, 32-bit float|
|Playback||32 - 320kbps|
|Analog audio input ratings|
|Connector||3.5mm(1/8") TRS jack with screw lock|
|Maximum input level||-11dBV|
|Input gain||7.5dB - 38dB|
|Input impedance||2kΩ or higher|
|Lavalier microphone (TM-10L)|
|Analog audio output ratings|
|Connector||3.5mm(1/8") stereo mini jack (Dual Mono Output)|
|Maximum output||10mW + 10mW (THD+N 0.1% or less, into 32Ω)|
|Working impedance||16ohms to 400ohms|
|Control input/output ratings|
|Format||USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class|
|Bluetooth® device connector||For Bluetooth® adapter (AK-BT1) only|
|Plug-in power (Mic bias)||2.3V|
|Power||2 AAA batteries (Alkaline / Ni-MH / Lithium), USB bus power|
|Power consumption (battery)||0.3W (MAX)|
|Current consumption (USB bus power)||0.1A (MAX)|
|Battery (RTC)||Lithium × 1 (built in with soldering)|
|Dimensions (excluding protrusions)||53 (W) × 50.7 (H) ×21.4 (D) mm|
|Weight||65g(including battery) / 43g (without battery)|
|Operating temperature||0 - 40℃|
|Included||DR-10L Pro ×1
Belt clip ×1
USB cable (Type A – Type C) ×1
- Lavalier microphone ×1
- Microphone clip ×1
- Windscreen ×1
Start-up Guide (including warranty) ×1
TASCAM ID registration guide ×1
iZotope RX Elements download card ×1
Battery operation time (continuous operation)
|About 16.5 hours||-||Format : WAV, 48kHz, 32-bit float
Headphones not connected
Limiter : OFF
File type : MONO
|About 16 hours||✓|
|About 11.5 hours||-|
|About 10.5 hours||✓|
(Energizer Ultimate Lithium)
|About 24.5 hours||-|
|About 23 hours||✓|
- JEITA CP-2905
- When using device with a headphone connected, the battery life will be reduced.
- The continuous battery operation times may vary from the values shown depending on the recording media being used.
|Frequency response*||20Hz – 20kHz: +0dB/-1dB|
|Total harmonic distortion ratio (THD+N)*||0.01% (1kHz, input: -21dBV)|
|Dynamic Range*||105dB or higher|
*Input → SD data
Note : 0dBV=1Vrms, JEITA CP-2150
DR-10L Pro CONNECT Supported OS
iOS / iPadOSiOS 16 / iPadOS 16, iOS 15 / iPadOS 15, iOS 14 / iPadOS 14
AndroidAndroid 13, Android 12, Android 11
Supported Media / OtherSupported Media
dr-10l_pro_tested_media_list.pdf 74.0 KB
Supported Media / Other
|Supported Media||07-24-2023||74.0 KB|