8-track Portable Digital Recorder
TASCAM's DR-680 brings multi-channel portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings. Up to eight tracks can be recorded to solid-state SD card media at 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV quality. Six mic inputs provide phantom power and 60dB of gain for great-sounding recordings with your condenser microphones. Record the six microphones along with a digital S/PDIF source for 8 track recording. Each mic input has a selectable low cut filter and analog limiter for optimal sound.
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the six mics for quick stereo playback of the event. There's even a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
In addition to WAV recording up to 96kHz, the DR-680 captures stereo audio at 192kHz/24-bit for audiophile-quality masters. The DR-680 records up to four channels of MP3 audio for web-ready recordings. Two of the recorders can be connected with a cascade cable for up to 14-track recording on battery power.
Multi-channel portable recording has never been as simple or affordable as the TASCAM DR-680.
The optional, weather-resistant CS-DR680 case prepares your DR-680 for recording in the field, with velcro straps that reveal only what's needed during recording. A case by PortaBrace is also available.
If you don't need 8 channels, take a look at the DR-100 with its two sets of built-in microphones. Also available from TASCAM, the HS-P82 offers multi-channel recording with timecode, more recording tracks, color touch screen interface, multi-channel digital I/O and more.
- 8-track portable recording
- Record eight individual inputs or six inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 192kHz/24-bit recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Mid-side microphone decoding, either during recording or monitor/mixdown
- Ganged input option for use with stereo microphones
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running two units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128x64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
- Premium AKM Audio4Pro™ 192kHz A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio
- (6) mic pres with 60dB of gain and phantom power
- (4) XLR/1/4" (combi) mic/line inputs and (2) TRS 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Low cut filter and limiter on each input
- (6) RCA unbalanced line outputs
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- USB 2.0 (mini B) connection for computer
- Built-in speaker
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Included accessories: PS-1225L power supply, shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 7.95" W x 2.12" H x 6.93" D (202mm x 54mm x 176mm)
- Weight 2.65 lbs (1.2kg) without batteries
|DR-680 DXF line drawing||09-15-2010||719.2 KB|
|Release Notes||01-13-2016||230.7 KB|
|Firmware V1.31||01-13-2016||1.1 MB|
|Firmware V1.30||03-16-2015||1.0 MB|
|DR-680 version 1.20 release notes||12-09-2010||235.1 KB|
|DR-680 firmware update version 1.20||12-09-2010||583.0 KB|
|DR-680 firmware update version 1.12||10-21-2010||583.1 KB|
|DR-680 Release Notes ver 1.11||09-03-2010||231.3 KB|
|DR-680 Firmware Update ver 1.11||09-03-2010||575.8 KB|
|Poly/Mono Converter for Windows||03-13-2013||8.4 MB|
Supported Media / Other
You need to "unzip" the files that you download, ending in ".zip" These files are compressed by the server to make your download times as quick as possible.
On Mac OSX, double-click the file to expand it.
On Windows OS, right-click the file and "Extract All."