24-channel I/O from Computer DAWs to the DM-24 Console for under $500
San Francisco , CA (October 28, 2004): Taking advantage of the latest FireWire technology, the new IF-FW/DM adds 24 inputs and 24 outputs from a computer DAW to TASCAM's DM-24 Digital Mixer. For under $3,500*, a studio can add the DM-24 and IF-FW/DM to their DAW system, providing powerful mixing, automation and processing capabilities to virtually any computer recording system through a single FireWire connection.
"Most recording engineers and musicians are comfortable working on a mixing console, yet they also want to take advantage of the latest editing and plug-in technologies that DAWs can offer," explains TASCAM Product Manager Jim Bailey. "Our best-selling DM-24 digital console already offers DAW control through HUI emulation. By adding 24-channel FireWire connectivity, studios can bridge the gap between their computer tracks and the synths, processors and recorders they've learned to rely on."
The IF-FW/DM is an expansion card that follows the same design as the ADAT, AES/EBU, TDIF and analog expansion cards for the DM-24. Other features include:
- 24-channel input and 24-channel output when used with the DM-24
- MIDI Input and Output for use with DAW software
- Supports ASIO, MME, WDM and Apple Core Audio standards
- Mac OS X and Windows XP compatibility
* Estimated Street Price TASCAM is the professional audio division of TEAC Corporation and produces the most comprehensive line of audio recorders, mixers and related equipment in the pro audio industry. TASCAM has offices in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Australia, Japan, Mexico and Latin America . For additional information, contact:
TASCAM • 7733 Telegraph Road • Montebello, CA 90640
(323) 726-0303 • www.tascam.com